Translate

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Yemi Alade, Olamide, Iyanya, Tekno, & Selebobo.- "Mama Oyoyo" ; with a (Nigerian) Peak Milk ad that features this song

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases a video of the song "Mama Oyoyo" by Nigerian vocalists Yemi Alade, Olamide, Iyanya, Tekno, and Selebobo.

The official YouTube video of this song is included in this post along with a hyperlink to a YouTube video of this song's lyrics. This post also includes the lyrics for "Mama Oyoyo" that I found on another website and the comment that I posted to that official video's discussion thread and the song lyrics video's discussion thread asking for help translating the non-English words in this song.

The Addendum to this post showcases a Peak milk advertisement from Nigeria that features this song.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to the writers, performers, and producers of this video. Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to the publishers of these videos on YouTube.

Happy Mother's Day!

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: YEMI ALADE, OLAMIDE, IYANYA, TEKNO, SELEBOBO - MAMA OYOYO (OFFICIAL VIDEO)



AY Comedian Published on Feb 12, 2016
-snip-
Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ZwI0XLHuw for Fresh Lyrics' YouTube song lyric video for "Mama Oyoyo

****
LYRICS - MAMA OYOYO
(composer ?)

[Verse 1 / Intro – Iyanya]
Mama love, too sweet oh
My happiness, na your cup of tea
Everything for you i go do my mama eh
Your love i no go forget oh, mama eh

[Hook]
Na you sat na you wash oh
My infant head oh
When i dey sleep oh
For cradle bed oh
Everything for you i go do mama eh
Everything for you i go do nne eh
Mama Oyoyo
Ayamma eh eh
My osikapa jalof, Ayamma eh eh
Mama you sweet, mama polero
Ayamma eh eh
Ewo, Ayamma Ayamma (Ayamma eh)

[Verse 2 – Yemi Alade]
Mummy moh
Where would i be without you eh
Daddy meh
Found a beautiful thing when he married you oh
Ele le
Na you be my best friend
Na you be my sister
Na you be my pastor
And you’re still my mama
Cause you are sent from above
You are my angel my love
Nothing fit to tear us apart
Oh mama mama mama mama mama
Lele lele le

[Hook]
Na you sat na you wash oh
My infant head oh
When i dey sleep oh
For cradle bed oh
Everything for you i go do mama eh
Everything for you i go do nne eh
Mama Oyoyo
Ayamma eh eh
My osikapa jalof, Ayamma eh eh
Mama you sweet, mama polero
Ayamma eh eh
Ewo, Ayamma Ayamma (Ayamma eh)

[Verse 3 – Tekno]
Mama na ki ne kaide
Kin ba ni doya de wa ke
Mama your love is beautiful from Maitama to Mpape
You teach me how to pray
Mama eh eye
Mama you showed me the way
Mama eh eh
Mama no lazy
Ta ri ke hannu na eh mama
Teach me do re mi
You help me reach my peak mama eh

[Hook]
Na you sat na you wash oh
My infant head oh
When i dey sleep oh
For cradle bed oh
Everything for you i go do mama eh
Everything for you i go do nne eh
Mama Oyoyo
Ayamma eh eh
My osikapa jalof, Ayamma eh eh
Mama you sweet, mama polero
Ayamma eh eh
Ewo, Ayamma Ayamma (Ayamma eh)

[Verse 4 – Olamide]
Seven days, days
Make a week
Hustle 365 days just to get to the peak eh
When i sick eh
Mama go dey think eh
She go say be strong oh momi don’t be weak eh
E da le da e gbege shey dor mo
Mo mo mi je ya lori mi
E yo mi shey dor mo eh

[Verse 5 – Selebobo]
Selebobo, Nne
Na you be my mama
Mbombo Mbombo eh
Imana oga adiri gi mma
Mbombo Mbombo eh
Na you dey teach me to do good eh
Good oh eh
You no dey teach me to do bad oh
Bad oh eh
Am like Papilo
I don make you proud (I don make you proud)
Na you be my hero (hero)
I no fit shout (I no fit shout)
Obi na ato gi sari sari
Obi na ato gi wara wara
Because your little bobo don turn to a man oh

[Outro]
Mama Oyoyo
Ayamma eh eh
Mama Oyoyo
Ayamma eh eh
Ayamma Ayamma
Ayamma eh eh
My osikapa jalof, Ayamma eh eh
Mama you sweet, mama polero
Ayamma eh eh

Source: http://www.mynaijalyrics.com/mama-oyoyo-lyrics-yemi-alade-iyanya-olamide-tekno-selebobo/
Mama Oyoyo Lyrics – Yemi Alade, Iyanya, Olamide, Tekno & Selebobo

****
MY REQUEST FOR HELP TRANSLATING THIS SONG'S NON-ENGLISH WORDS
(Azizi Powell, May 13, 2017)

Thanks to all those involved with writing & performing this song.

I am an African American mother and grandmother. I'm glad I found this video and also a lyrics video and the Peak milk advertisement that features this song. I understand that this song is a tribute to mothers, but unfortunately I only speak English. I regret that and I don't expect everyone throughout the world to speak English, but I wish that I knew what all the words in this song mean.

After watching this video of this song, I found the lyrics video and also found the lyrics on another non-YouTube site. I then tried to look up some of the non-English words s online and found one website naijalingo.com* that gave the meaning for "mummy oyoyo" as "mummy you are welcome". Is that right? Is "oyoyo" and the other words in this song in Nigerian Pidgin and/or Igbo and/or Yoruba?

That naijalingo website gave various meanings for the word "na" but I'm not sure what that word means in this song. I tried looking up the meanings of the non-English words in this song on that above named website and also on Google translate Igbo or Yoruba translations to English, but didn't have any luck.

Please help translate these non-English lyrics to English or French (which I also don't know but could look up on Google translate).

I plan to showcase this song on my pancocojams cultural blog for Mothers day and will add any responses to this request on that blog.

Thank you and God bless mama Africa!
-snip-
I also posted a similar request on the Fresh lyrics video for this song.

*Here's the link to the naijalingo site: http://www.naijalingo.com/words/oyoyo http://www.naijalingo.com/words/oyoyo.

I didn't include this hyperlink in that YouTube comment.
****
ADDENDUM: PEAK MILK ADVERTISEMENT THAT FEATURES "MAMA OYOYO" SONG



Peak Milk- Mother's Day TVC

Peak MilkNG Published on Feb 25, 2016

Have you put a smile on your mum's face recently? Celebrate your mum with special Peak Milk packs. #MySweetMother

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment